STATE’S ATTORNEY’S OFFICE -- ASSISTANT STATE’S ATTORNEY – CIVIL DIVISION
Responsible for providing legal advice and representation to Kane County board, elected officials, department heads and employees with respect to various legal issues. Draft appropriate pleadings and motions. Conduct research and discovery in all appropriate cases. Review complex files for drafting of motions and responses. Appear in State and Federal court and conduct all discovery hearings and trials. Also respond to complaints of violations of the Illinois Open Meetings act and Illinois Election Code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Law Degree from an accredited law school. Licenses to practice law in the State of Illinois.
- Ability to work with large volume of cases efficiently.
- Ability to conduct hearings and trials.
- Ability to conduct legal research and ability to draft pleadings, motions and letters.
- Ability to use computer systems licensed by State’s Attorney’s Office, including TCX, Access, Word, and Lexis or Westlaw.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationship with county elected officials, department heads and employees.
- Three years of relevant legal experience required.
Christy DeChristopher, State’s Attorney’s Office
Email to: email@example.com.
Applicants must submit to a criminal background check.
EEO Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids are available to individuals with disabilities upon request